Rearranging your old living room furniture might be one of the most difficult things to come up on a solution with. However, just a few innovative changes in your old living room can actually do wonders for your room. It can actually make the room look spacious, improve its functionality and refresh your mood.
Mentioned below are some ideas that can give a new life to your living room within a few hours:
1. Furniture Placement: Try not lining up the furniture along with the wall. Do not place any huge furniture in front of window openings, it will make the room look smaller. Do not do everything the conventional way, try experimenting. Place the bigger furniture first and try placing your furniture diagonally.
2. Mix and Match: Utilizing your old furniture with a pair of new elements can make the place look more personalized. Add a new side chair or a comfy. Not adding new catchy furniture may make your living room look sterile. Also, try playing with the scale of the furniture. Mix match furniture of different shapes and sizes.
3. The coffee table: Your coffee table might be taking up most of the central space of your living room. Consider a smaller table with storage space at bottom. You may even go with two smaller tables if required. Along with providing the space a new innovative look, it will give you more space to move around.
4. Symmetry/Asymmetry: Maintain a relationship amongst all the elements of the living room. Symmetric placement might provide you a classy mature look. Asymmetric approach might land you with an energetic and playful outlook.
5. The three feet rule: Have at least 3 feet of space to walk around the room to prevent knocking.
Follow these above mentioned tricks and your old living room furniture will become more functional along with providing it a new and interesting outlook.